Sunday 24 March 2013

Finding an Ibizan hippy vibe in Morocco...


My owners recently went on holiday without me. They went to Marrakech, Morocco.  It happens sometimes.  I don't really mind if I'm honest, as I go & stay at my grandparents house & they spoil me rotten. 

Yesterday I saw some photos of one of the hotels my owners stayed; Hotel by Beldi.  As the hotel is dog friendly & looked so lovely I just had to share the photos on my blog. 

The hotel, which is fairly new, has been built within the beautiful huge gardens of the renowned Beldi Country Club.  The Country Club is frequented by a very stylish French elite crowd & is owned by a French family.

The hotel itself has been designed in the style of a small traditional Moroccan village, apparently called 'douar'. 



It has small narrow winding streets which lead to the rooms & traditional materials have been used in its construction.








The beautiful huge grounds with olive groves, rose gardens, herb gardens & wild flowers look stunning.  I would just love to potter around, sniffing the flowers & laying in the sunshine for a snooze.




Beldi even has its own little Souk! You can shop for pottery, antiques, carpets & rugs....




Two of the three restaurants have large dog friendly terraces & the food looked so good that the eating options at Beldi deserves its own blog post...




The public areas all looked stunning to me too, especially the traditional Moroccan tea-house... 



The rooms seem quite 'shabby chic' (I sound quite a design connoisseur!)  So, basically the rooms are chic (with their own private roof terraces or little patios), but not luxurious for those who like the finer touches in life.



There was also a spa, which my owners didn't use apparently as they were too focused on soaking up the Moroccan winter sun . I don't blame them given the dire London weather this year.



Oh & to top it off, Beldi has a resident pooch called Bis, so you've got a little furry friend to play with too!







Beldi Country Club
Km6, Route de Barrage,
 Cherifia
 Marrakech



Date of stay: mid-March, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment