Sunday 17 March 2013

Sheltering in the Village...

Yet another rainy day in London. Yucky. When is winter going to end? I really hate the rain and the cold. Luckily we were not outside too much today.  We hopped into the car & drove to Bermondsey Street.  This cool little street has transformed over the last few years, yet it still seems untouched by tourists, despite being close to Tower Bridge & London Bridge. 

This must be THE most doggie friendly street in all of London. So many cafe's, restaurants & nice little shops, including the collar couture shop - Holly & Lil (where I got my sparkly green collar).  I will be writing a lot about this street in my blog.  



Today we went to Village East.  We've been here a number of times & I do rather like it. 
















It was already quite busy when we arrived (c11am), so we took a seat at the bar.  A great spot as I could watch the doorway & look at everyone coming in. It also meant a lot of people came over to pet me. I saw a pug come in too, but he didn't see me & he went into the back part of the restaurant with his owners.

The waiters were really friendly here & bought me a nice bowl of water without my owners needing to ask for one.  




My owners ate brunch. They said the scrambled eggs & eggs Benedict were the nicest eggs they've had in a long long time. The coffee must have been good too as they had a few cappuccino's & flat whites. Sitting at the bar & watching cocktails being mixed, they got tempted into drinking a couple of Bloody Mary's too.




My owners like the industrial &  "New York restaurant feel" to Village East. I've never been to America, so I don't really know what they mean, but this place feels pretty cool to me. 




















Village East
171-173 Bermondsey Street
London
SE1 3UW


http://www.villageeast.co.uk/



Date of visit: Sunday 17th March, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment