Sunday 10 February 2013

A fast trot...







Today we hopped onto the overground train & headed north east into a cool bit of town - Dalston.  





Still very much in the "up & coming" bracket, Dalston has some nice parts...& not so nice parts.  I think that explains why we seemed to walk pretty fast on sections of our  journey from Dalston Junction, south towards a little affluent spot called 'De Beauvoir town'.  I could barely keep up, moving my little legs as quick as I could.  So, I was more than happy when we slowed down as we neared our lunch spot - The Scolt Head pub.













A welcoming log fire greeted us as we entered, but unfortunately I didn't get to spend anytime curled up in front of it - we went straight into the dining area to meet some pals of my owners.  


I had a lovely time, with lots to look at (this place got very busy by c2pm) & I enjoyed lots of fuss & attention from my owners pals.  One of them is Mexican, so being a Mexican myself, we have a strong bond. She has a very cute little baby girl too & she took a liking to me...I kept licking her tiny fingers. 




A friendly lady who worked in the pub bought me a nice sized bowl of water & said she wanted to take me home with her. As I've said before, I do have that affect on people....










The food smelt pretty good & given the volume of food my owners & friends ate I'd say they thought it tasted pretty good too. 





My owners loved the shabby chic look of this neighbourhood pub; the stripped wooden floorboards, vases of wild flowers on the wooden tables & eclectic mix of photos & paintings on the walls. The warm & cosy vibe makes this place a great place to escape the cold wintery weather & enjoy a good long lunch. 






The Scolt Head
107A Culford Road
London
N1 4HT







Date of visit: Saturday 9th February, 2013


2 comments:

  1. I heard Kiera Knightley hangs out at this pub!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I also heard that! I didn't see her when we went, maybe next time?....

    ReplyDelete